About the Plan
VTA is planning to change its transit service in the fall of 2017 to coincide with the start of BART service to Santa Clara County. Beginning January 5, 2017, VTA's Draft Next Network Plan will be available for review and you're invited to share your recommendations to make the draft plan better--VTA will be accepting comments from January 5 through February 20. Please use the links below to see the proposed changes to each route and learn more about the plan's goals.
The Draft Plan incorporates public input gathered over the past year. VTA began the planning process in the spring of 2016 with an extensive outreach effort that delivered over 5,000 comments that largely supported redesigning routes to increase ridership and improve cost-effectiveness. Public input prompted several changes, including building a grid of frequent routes across the county, increasing weekend service levels and improving connections to BART and Caltrain.
- January 5 - February 20, 2017 – Public Outreach Effort: "How can we make the Draft Plan better?"
- Late February - Early March 2017 – Staff Designs Final Plan incorporating public comments
- Mid-March 2017 – VTA Advisory and Standing Committees review Final Plan
- April 6, 2017 – VTA Board of Directors takes action on Final Plan
- Fall 2017 – Transit service plan implemented
Project Milestones to Date
- February 3, 2016 – The Transit Choices Report, an independent assessment of VTA transit service is released
- April - September 2016 – Public Outreach Effort: "How can we make transit better?"
- June 10, 2016 – The Transit Alternatives Report, an independent analysis of network concepts, is released
- November 18, 2016 – VTA Board of Directors approves 85/15 ridership/coverage balance for Draft Plan